Implant Options for Multiple Missing Teeth in Colorado Springs, CO
Your One Stop Dental Private Practice in Colorado Springs, CO
Dr. Seth Kimmelman at his Downtown, Colorado Springs Dental office offers multiple options to replace several front or back teeth.
The three most common options when more than one tooth is missing include the traditional tooth-supported bridge, a removable partial denture, or implant-supported crowns or bridgework. The benefits of implant-supported teeth are significantly increased in these situations; they include:
- Dental implants look, feel and function like natural teeth
- Dental implants are much more stable & comfortable than partial dentures
- Chewing ability and your bite remains intact, so you can eat and speak properly
- Bone resorption & deterioration is virtually stopped
- The facial structures stay the same – no sunken face appearance
- Adjacent teeth are not reshaped to fit a bridge, maintaining tooth structure
Implants are perfect for replacing several teeth, eliminating the need to reshape or grind down healthy adjacent teeth to serve as support for traditional crown & bridge therapy.
The dental implants are placed in the bone below the gum tissue. Like single tooth replacement, there will be a healing phase after the implants are placed.
After healing, the abutments are attached to the implants, and impressions are taken to make handmade, beautiful, custom crowns or bridges.
In the final step, the custom teeth – crowns or bridges will be cemented onto the abutments. The teeth have been replaced without disturbing the teeth next to them, and bone loss has been significantly reduced.
If you are missing one, many, or all of your teeth, Dr. Seth Kimmelman can offer numerous options to restore your smile, chewing function, and speaking ability. If you are ready to smile with confidence again, contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kimmelman
We offer a wide range of dental implant services, including: